Atalanta

Update 21.06.2018
Current Name Atalanta
Previous Name No.1 Cuxhaven (until 1930)
Call Sign DICZ
Manager Förderverein Schoner 'ATALANTA' e.V., Wismar, Federal Republic of Germany
Owner Förderverein Schoner 'ATALANTA' e.V., Wismar, Federal Republic of Germany
Flag Federal Republic of Germany
Port of Registry Wismar
Type of Ship schooner
Completion 1901
Shipyard Schiffswerft Jürgen Peters, Wewelsfleth, German Empire
Overall Length [m] 36,00
Registered Breadth [m] 6,32
Maximum Draught [m] 2,90
Propulsion [KW] 147
Propulsion [BHP] 200
Speed [Kn] 8,0
Sail Area [m2] 334
Capacity Passengers 24
Additional Information originally built as a pilot schooner and so in use until its decommissioning in 1929. In 1930 the ship was converted into a motor yacht by a new owner. In 1994, the current owner took over the ship. It was completely restored until 2001 and is today in use as museum vessel.
Return to the English index site

Museum Vessels
Sailing Ships