Eye Of The Wind

Update 26.07.2015
Current Name Eye Of The Wind
Previous Name Merry (until 1975), Rose Marie (until 1967), Merry (until 1956), Sam (until 1926), Friedrich (until 1924)
IMO 5299864
Call Sign GWAK
Manager FORUM train & sail GmbH, Merching, Federal Republic of Germany
Owner FORUM train & sail GmbH, Merching, Federal Republic of Germany
Flag United Kingdom
Port of Registry Jersey
Type of Ship brigantine
Completion 1911
Shipyard C. Lühring, Brake, German Empire
Building No. 115
GT 129
Overall Length [m] 40,23
Registered Breadth [m] 7,01
Maximum Draught [m] 2,70
Propulsion [KW] 441
Propulsion [BHP] 600
Sail Area [m2] 750
Additional Information once built as topsail schooner and in use as sailing cargo ship until 1926. Until 1955 the ship was in use as engine powered cargo schooner. In autumn of 1955, the ship ran aground in a heavy storm on the Swedish west coast. The wreck was salvaged, repaired and put into operation as one and a half masted schooner. On January 21st 1970, a fire destroyed the ship's stern and engine room. The wreck only narrowly escaped the scrap yard. In 1973 an Englishman bought the vessel and gave ot a new life. In England it was reconstructed into a sailing passenger ship, rigged as brigantine.
Return to the English index site

Sailing Ships